Friday, July 31, 2009

WOW! Friday

Another big day! Our business meeting had the usual reports and resolutions but we also commissioned our missionaries and honored a young man who had finished his missionary service. We also met the global visitors and dignitaries from all over the world that are worshipping and sharing with us. There was one issue about procedures that was a bone of contention with some and we ended up voting by standing vote instead of voice vote since it was so close... and they ran out of time to even let us know the vote. But I guess the resolution was rewritten as we were given a new copy tonight as we left and will vote on it tomorrow.
This afternoon i attended a learning track on being a green church. It started with the author of the book Serve God, Save the Planet and then I attended a session that spoke on our connection to the earth and a session on our connection with the Food We Eat. OK... that speaker made me angry as she, whether she meant to come across that way or not, started a little bit with a bit of bashing of corn fields, corn fed cattle, high fructose corn syrup, and pork producers...also somewhat implying that the pork industry had something to do with H1N1. I wanted to walk out of her lecture, but I had to stay to get my CEU credits. Most of her presentation was OK, but I was so angry (and I'm sure my expression and body language showed it) that I didn't always hear other things she said.
Tonight Dr. Watkins spoke, including many illustrations from her trip to the Congo and our need to care, not about just ourselves and what is happening here, but around the world, too. There are so many things that I have learned that disturb and challenge me (in a good way... not like the afternoon speaker)... like what sacrifices are being made in the Congo so that we can have our cell phones. The teens attending GA sang a great version of the rock song "Shining Star" which fit into the worship theme beautifully. The whole service was very uplifting, even the portion where the names of those saints who have gone on to glory since the GA of -07 were scrolled on the jumbotron. We were singing "This Little Light of Mine" as the names rolled. Their light will continue to shine in the work they passed on to others.
I thank God for all of them... I thank God for the energy of our youth... I thank God for all of you who are sharing your talents... I thank God for friends who share and support. We are One in the Spirit, We are One in the Lord... no matter where we live and love and laugh. Somos Uno! Disciplos de Cristo! We are One! Disciples of Christ!

1 comment:

Jakuba Lucas said...

I' m Jakuba Lucas  by name and I live in the Makati Philippines, Am so much filled with happiness and Joy,I would like to talk about the goodness of God in my life, after so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet, so I became desperate in getting a loan from a legit lender online then I see comment from a friend called bobby Leo and talked about this legit loan officer , where he got his loan quick and easy with no stress, so he introduced me to a man named Mr.Pedro who work as a loan officer, so I asked for a loan sum ($ 89,000.00 USD) with a low interest rate of 2%, so the loan was approved and was deposited into my bank account that was how I was able to get a loan to start up my business running and pay off my bills, so I advise each of you who are interested in getting a loan quick and easy or sblc, please contact them via    Email:    pedroloanss@gmail.com get any kind of loan you need today, thank you, as you read the greatest testimony of my life.