Monday, July 27, 2009
Getting Ready to Go to GA!
Well, I think I'm pretty much ready. The laundry has been done, the suitcase packed, Marshall's bag has been packed (toys, food, tie-out). He's staying with Bob & Annie while I'm gone. My 'back up' is in place and know that God will watch over her and everyone in the Parish... shoot... they'll probably thrive without me. :-) I've checked pretty much everything off my to-do list except for a couple things that can't be done until just before leaving. I'm excited about going to General Assembly. It has been described as the Disciples really huge family reunion. I know I will see many old friends who are serving in other churches around the country and will also make new friends. I know there will be thought-provoking discussion and debate about many of the issues during the business sessions... because that's who we are as Disciples. Always up for a debate... thank you Alexander Campbell. I know that I will be mentally and intellectually enriched by the workshops offered on Friday and Saturday afternoon. I think I'm going to follow a Learning Track on Spiritual Practices... but there are so many workshops to choose from I haven't made up my mind yet. Most of all I know that I will be spiritually fed and energized... sometimes to the point of shouting AMEN and sometimes having goosebumps and sometimes to tears... in the amazing worship services together with some of the best of the best Disciple preachers speaking. I'm also looking forward to getting to know my travel-buddy and hotel roommate, Connie, who is the pastor in Vinton. We have only met a couple times... but after a week together we'll get to know each other a LOT. I don't even know if she's a night owl like me. But... it's all an adventure and I can't wait! I'll keep you posted on my travels and experiences!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment