I promised to post a picture from the wedding on my next post, so I'm sharing my favorite picture from my son and daughter-in-laws wedding last fall. Sorry I didn't post pictures right away after the wedding... but I wasn't blogging back then. As you can see, it's not one of the "posed" pictures it was one my brother caught as they were coming out of the church and it's my favorite for several reasons: the joy on their faces is pure and complete and not posed for a picture, the bubbles with their shine and rainbows highlighted the fun and joy of the event, and their pastor is looking over them in the background. It is a picture of pure love and joy and beauty. It's the first picture I see in my row of pictures leading up the stairway. That day was so filled with love, so MUCH fun for everyone who was there and truly a day of happiness and celebration.
Our Annie is a gift from God to the family and I am so happy to have her in my life, in Bob's life and in our family. She beautiful girl that is grounded, very smart, funny, responsible, and money savvy. She has 'settled' Bob in a way I didn't think could happen, and yet they also have so much fun together. They come from similar backgrounds and family values. Most of all she makes him so very, very happy. He loves her so much. God truly blessed us all when God brought Annie back into our lives again. Our families have crossed paths off and on since high school, including Sara and I being pregnant with Bob & Annie the same summer, commiserating with each other as we waddled together to the slo-pitch diamonds to watch our hubbies play. I've often said that God smiled down and thought, "They have no idea how important these 2 babies are going to be to one another some day." And now we know and rejoice.
One other wedding picture I'm sharing is from a wedding I was honored to officiate at recently at Iowa State University under the iconic campanille with the Bells of Iowa State ringing. After a momentary worry about the rain clouds, the wedding went off as scheduled and t
he cloud cover actually kept the summer heat and humidity at a more tolerable levels. This pic was taken by the grooms aunt. Thanks Dalene. It was a highlight in my ministry to be asked to be a part of this couple's special day. They are also a couple that have been 'in the world' for a few years since their graduation from ISU so don't come to this part of their lives together with starry-eyed images of what marriage is. Seth & Willow are a beautiful couple who, both alone and together, are doing what they can to make a difference in their world and share their lives with many others. I wish them a life time of happiness.
he cloud cover actually kept the summer heat and humidity at a more tolerable levels. This pic was taken by the grooms aunt. Thanks Dalene. It was a highlight in my ministry to be asked to be a part of this couple's special day. They are also a couple that have been 'in the world' for a few years since their graduation from ISU so don't come to this part of their lives together with starry-eyed images of what marriage is. Seth & Willow are a beautiful couple who, both alone and together, are doing what they can to make a difference in their world and share their lives with many others. I wish them a life time of happiness.To all of you who God has gifted with the precious blessing of marriage, I pray that you will always keep God as a part of your relationship. It is God who created us, created love, and created us to be together, helping and love and supporting one another. God bless you all in your commitments, whether they are newly made vows or from years of doing the work of making marriage work.
No comments:
Post a Comment